Re: [Qemu-discuss] Booting GUI ubuntu VM on Aarch64

From: Alexander Spyridakis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Booting GUI ubuntu VM on Aarch64
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 16:07:52 +0100

On 15 February 2016 at 15:42, Yehuda Yitschak <address@hidden> wrote:
I want to use KVM tough it looks like a not a trivial hack for the non QEMU expert like me :)
Would  you mind sharing how you achieved graphics in your demo above ?
did you use TCG or did you also go through these workarounds ?

That is an old ARMv7 KVM demo on the vexpress-a15 machine model (instead of virt). For that model you need a kernel with the HDLCD driver (PL111) and also to modify hw/display/framebuffer.c with the hack that I pointed in my previous mail. No PCI devices in the vexpress-a15 model, so you won't have to patch QEMU/KVM with cache coherency workarounds.

Regards.