[Qexo-general] re: XqlServlet and Communication between XQL scripts

From: Ivelin Ivanov
Subject: [Qexo-general] re: XqlServlet and Communication between XQL scripts
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 19:11:26 -0600

Per,

I attach a proposed patch to gnu.kawa.xml.Document
You will find the patch under "qexo patch" along with the full new java
file.

It simply extends the default behavior which assigns the "file:" protocol
when one is not passed in the argument to the document() function.
This patch detects when the CallContext is a ServletCallContext and treats a
non qualified URL as a local servlet path relative to the current xql
servlet.
For example if the calling xql resides under webapp/rss2html.xql, and it
uses
document("sample/rssfilter.xql")
QEXO will resolve it to something like
document("http://localhost:8080/qexo/sample/rssfilter.xql";)
assuming that http://localhost:8080/qexo is the base URL for rss2html.xql.
This behavior allows xql servlets residing within the same web application
to use each other,
regardless of the absolute path of the web app and also without proprietary
XQuery language extensions.

I attach an updated version of the sample webapp using XqlServlet.
See the rss2html.xql, which uses sample/rssfilter.xql, that in turn reads a
remote rssfeed.
There is no change to XqlServlet itself.

I also include a README.TXT which briefly explains how to use the XqlServlet
in a webapp.
It is actually the same text that I sent you in a previous email.

Looking forward to your feedback.

-=Ivelin=-