Re: [Qexo-general] re: XqlServlet and Communication between XQL scripts

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] re: XqlServlet and Communication between XQL scripts
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 00:08:02 -0800

Ivelin Ivanov wrote:
This patch detects when the CallContext is a ServletCallContext and treats a
non qualified URL as a local servlet path relative to the current xql
servlet.
For example if the calling xql resides under webapp/rss2html.xql, and it
uses
document("sample/rssfilter.xql")
QEXO will resolve it to something like
document("http://localhost:8080/qexo/sample/rssfilter.xql";)
assuming that http://localhost:8080/qexo is the base URL for rss2html.xql.

I'm somewhat unsure to what extent this is needed.  In the servlet
example at http://www.gnu.org/software/qexo/XQ-Gen-XML.html
I managed to use relative path ok - however, it's been a while
since I wrote and tested this code, so I'm a little hazy on exactly
what is going on in terms of finding the default diretory.

Presumably URLs should be relative to the "web-app", but I'm not
sure whether they currently are.  I thought they were ...

An alternative, as you mention in another message, is to implement
the two-argument version of document.

(According to the spec, relative URLs are supposed to be relative
to the document *source*, which to me makes little sense.)

I've been on a 3-day trip and so I'm a little behind on various
things, including my "day job" work.  So it make take a few more
days before I can really look at your submission.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://www.bothner.com/per/