[Qexo-general] Interface between XQuery-Engine and XML-DB

From: Maik Thiele
Subject: [Qexo-general] Interface between XQuery-Engine and XML-DB
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 22:36:12 +0200

Hello,

I want to write an interface that is able to read data from a native
XML-Database (likely eXist), processing the data in a XQuery processor
and write the result back to the database. I think that should be possible with Qexo as the XQuery processor or do you see a problem that I overlook?

To improve the performance I want to delegate the XPath parts of an
XQuery down to eXist. So the document that need to be transfered
to Qexo would be much smaller. Is there any possibility to do this?

Furthermore, do you have some papers that describe the XQuery
processing of Qexo in detail. Which classes are involved?

Many thanks!
Regards

Maik Thiele
Technical University of Dresden, Germany