Re: [Qexo-general] Interface between XQuery-Engine and XML-DB

From: Maik Thiele
Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] Interface between XQuery-Engine and XML-DB
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 01:10:40 +0200

> > To improve the performance I want to delegate the XPath parts of an
> > XQuery down to eXist. So the document that need to be transfered
> > to Qexo would be much smaller. Is there any possibility to do this?
>
> It's quite possible.  I'd write a class in Java that acts as an
> XQuery function whose result is the filtered output.  Your class
> would emit calls to the Consumer that Qexo provides.

Sounds good. But can you describe it with a little example please.
It's quite difficult for me to understand the oodles of code.
Is there point in the parsing procedure of Qexo where xpath expressions
were picked out explicit so I can work with them? I don't
understand want you mean with the class which emit calls to
the Consumer. Sorry, certainly my fault..

Thanks a lot.
Regards
Maik