Re: [Qexo-general] New XQuery article

From: Jun Yu
Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] New XQuery article
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:59:49 +0100 (MET)

Hello Weiqi,
Very nice to read your article. Especially I have interest about the
discussion of Saxon and Qexo. I hope there is more detailed
description.

Currently I am using Qexo to develop a project which is similar to a web
site. I reference the article "Generating XML and HTML using XQuery"
(written by Per Bothner).
Qexo is only partial implementation. Many XQuery
functions are not implemented. For instance,
distinct-values(),and so on.
I really need its extend functions such as request-parameter(),
write-to(). But it does not have "#include".

I never used Saxon. You said Saxon is a complete implementation of
XQuery. I do not know whether you know enough about Saxon. Saxon has
similar extend function ? I need to use GET/POST method, create or write a
file, and so on. Can I use Saxon instead of Qexo ?

If somebody knows, welcome to teach me.  Thank you very much.

Happy new year,
Jun Yu