Re: [Qexo-general] New XQuery article (modules support)

From: Jun Yu
Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] New XQuery article (modules support)
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 00:52:11 +0100 (MET)

--- Per Bothner <address@hidden> wrote:
> Qexo 1.7.90 does have separate compiled library
> modules - see my response to Weiqi's message.

It is very nice Qexo 1.7.90 can support modules. But I still not clear how
to use it. Perhaps I did not explain clearly what I need.  The function
"#include" I need means: In one Xql file can "include" another Xql
filename.

Because I want to store configuration information such as Path information
in an XML file.  Then define an Xql file or function to get the path
information.  Finally all other Xql files can "include" this file to get
the Path information.  So I can avoid using  absolute path in every Xql
file.
My XML file like this:
<parameters>
  <path_server>
  <xml_files>http://.../~jyu/dbis/</xml>
  <xql_files>http://.../~jyu/dbis/</xql>
  </path_server>

  <path_local>
  <xml_files>/home/jyu/public_html/dbis/</xml>
  <xql_files>/home/jyu/.../jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27/webapps/dbis/</xql>

<picture_files>/home/jyu/.../jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27/webapps/dbis/pic/<picture_files>
  </path_local>
</parameters>
(Here, "/dbis" is my application directory, "jyu" is my Suse Linux
username)

But I check the article "Generating XML and HTML using XQuery" again.
You used request-servlet-path() to get the reuqest URL, that is
"http://.../~jyu/dbis/";, right ?
And servlet-context-realpath() to get the root directory of the
application, that is "/home/jyu/.../jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27/webapps/dbis/",
right ?
It seems that you put your XML files into the root directory of the
application.
But if I do, it does not work. I have to put all my XML files into
"/home/jyu/public_html/dbis/".  "/public_html" is the default directory to
store HTML files in Suse Linux.

So, using these two functions can not resolve my whole problems. Thus I am
thinking "#include" just as I mentioned at the beginning of this email.

Thank you very much for your advice.

Happy new year to you,
Jun Yu