Re: [Qexo-general] CUP and JFlex for Qexo

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] CUP and JFlex for Qexo
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:03:19 -0800

Joseph Coffland wrote:

All I really need is to be able to pass filenames in from the command
line.
I don't want to have to build an XML file to do this.  For me it is not
critical that everything the 'external' feature is supported exactly to
spec.  I noticed some other users also need this feature.  Maybe they
feel the same way I do about it.

It's an important feature.  Right now I'm trying to make my way to
the just-related last-call formal spec, and see if that gives me any
guidance.  (I need to have a general understanding of the formal spec
anyway.)

First I want to clarify that I was wrong about PSVI support in Xerces-J.
It is supported in Xerces2-J.  It is not necessary to use XNI.  IMHO it
is better to use SAX than XNI because you avoid locking in your implementation to Xerces.

If we want access to the PSVI then Qexo needs to access the data
structures that Xerces2-J uses to represent types.  So we're tied
to Xerces anyway.  I think using XNI will be more efficient, so
I think we should use it.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://per.bothner.com/