[Qexo-general] TreeList implementation

From: Joseph Coffland
Subject: [Qexo-general] TreeList implementation
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:26:48 -0500

Per Bothner,

As far as I can tell inserting into the middle of a TreeList is not yet
implemented.  Is this correct?  If so the buffer gap is kind of useless.
There is usually a trade off between space, time and possibly simplicity.
 TreeList seems to lean towards conserving space at the cost of time and
simplicity.  What do you think?  Most PCs have more space than time and
there is a lot to be said for simplicity.

I don't want to rewrite your code, but I think I could reimplement
TreeList as a linked list with insertion, deletion, Consumer and
Comsumable quicker than I could implement insertion and deletion in the
existing TreeList.  I could also easily add type information.  It would
be interesting to compare the performance of the two.

Joseph
--
  Joseph Coffland
  address@hidden