Re: [Quilt-dev] Re: My current quilt 0.21 :)

From: James Rowe
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Re: My current quilt 0.21 :)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:27:26 +0000

Oops

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 04:24:38 +0000
James Rowe <address@hidden> wrote:

>   The use of $PATCHSCRIPTS appears to be broken here, I am going to
>   have
> a proper look after I've finished a couple of other things.  There is
> a large chance it is related to the non-GNU version of sed I am
> unfortunately stuck using for the next hour or so, so I don't want to
> make any kind of sweeping statement about it.

  It wasn't my buggy sed causing the problem, it was dodgy delimiter
selection in stripit().  $P containing '/'s made sed barf.

  See attached stupidly long name patch.  I've also removed the sed from
the new.in because stripit() is called on the next line anyway.

  I've not really tried to break it that much, so it possibly still does
break, as I am implementing a new handler for $P now.

  There is an initial version of the autoconf/make enabled quilt at
http://www.jnrowe.uklinux.net/files/quilt-0.21.1.tar.bz2

  It is missing quite a few needed features, for example docs aren't
installed or generated(I'm looking in to a new method first).  It is
just to show you all that some work is actually being done here ;)  I am
probably going to ditch quite a few of the tests too(C based) once I
have checked it on a few archs to see which ones should be used(expect a
small patch to backupfiles by the looks of it).  And that brings me on
to one other thing.  backup-files has been renamed to backupfiles
because automake is a little restrictive.

  The autogen is in config/, I've just chucked a spec '.spec' file in
for now too(I have no access to anything with RPM) and the debian file
is missing(same reason).

  Recap; work in progress.  just showing there is some progress at all.

(it also has a different tempfile system, quite untested.)

Jay