Re: [Quilt-dev] Re: [patch 0/4] Kprobes support for IA64

From: Andrew Morton
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Re: [patch 0/4] Kprobes support for IA64
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 16:38:29 -0700

Andreas Gruenbacher <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tuesday 24 May 2005 00:54, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > Anil S Keshavamurthy <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > I am sending this mail through quilt and looks like the subject line
> > > appear to be same on all patches, sorry about that.
> >
> > That's fairly irksome.
> >
> > quilt people: is it possible to teach the quilt patchbombing script to put
> > the correct Subject: into each patch as it is sent?
>
> Yes, just define what to use as the subject. There's an example
> quilt_mail_patch_filter function in /etc/quilt.quiltrc that works for our
> kernel patches; simply uncomment it.

Sorry, I don't understand.

Suppose there are four patches in the series and the subjects should be:

Kprobes/IA64: architecture specific JProbes support
Kprobes/IA64: arch specific handling
Kprobes/IA64: kdebug die notification mechanism
Kprobes/IA64: support kprobe on branch/call instructions

How does one arrange for those Subject:s to be conveyed correctly, as

[patch 1/4] Kprobes/IA64: architecture specific JProbes support
[patch 2/4] Kprobes/IA64: arch specific handling
[patch 3/4] Kprobes/IA64: kdebug die notification mechanism
[patch 4/4] Kprobes/IA64: support kprobe on branch/call instructions

?