Re: [Quilt-dev] Re: [patch 0/4] Kprobes support for IA64

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Re: [patch 0/4] Kprobes support for IA64
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 01:23:58 +0200

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 00:54, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Anil S Keshavamurthy <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I am sending this mail through quilt and looks like the subject line
> > appear to be same on all patches, sorry about that.
>
> That's fairly irksome.
>
> quilt people: is it possible to teach the quilt patchbombing script to put
> the correct Subject: into each patch as it is sent?

Yes, just define what to use as the subject. There's an example
quilt_mail_patch_filter function in /etc/quilt.quiltrc that works for our
kernel patches; simply uncomment it.

> I really don't want to be receiving streams of patches all with identical
> Subject:s (apart from the sequence numbering, which gets stripped out
> anyway).

Quilt also creates Content-Disposition headers which contain the original
patch names. You may want to use those when they are provided.

-- Andreas.