Re: [Quilt-dev] How to delete a file from the patch list...

From: Ashok Raj
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] How to delete a file from the patch list...
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 11:16:34 -0700

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 05:16:45PM +0200, Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
> On Monday 30 May 2005 16:44, Raj, Ashok wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have couple questions. Iam new to quilt, and just converted over to
> > these from akpm's patch scripts. So pardon me if iam asking the obvious.
> > If there is an alternate way, let me know as well.
> >
> > 1. If I have a file I need to drop from the current patch, what would I
> > do?
> >
> > Quilt delete, drops the entire patch right? is there an equivalent of
> > quilt remove file, which will do a rollback of just that file, and
> > remove that from this patch file list would be great.
>
> What's wrong with the remove command?

I tried it now... there seems a minor problem, or that iam not using it
as designed.

i tried quilt remove <file_name>

it said that this file is removed. Now i need to quilt refresh, it says that
there is nothing to refresh. (There doesnt seem to be a -f option either for
refresh).

now iam not able to pop the patch, since it still has the old diff,
but the file doesnt have it now.

I had to make a dummy change, then quilt refresh, now the quilt pop worked.

Cheers,
ashok