[Quilt-dev] How to delete a file from the patch list...

From: Raj, Ashok
Subject: [Quilt-dev] How to delete a file from the patch list...
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 07:44:24 -0700

Hello,

I have couple questions. Iam new to quilt, and just converted over to
these from akpm's patch scripts. So pardon me if iam asking the obvious.
If there is an alternate way, let me know as well.

1. If I have a file I need to drop from the current patch, what would I
do?

Quilt delete, drops the entire patch right? is there an equivalent of
quilt remove file, which will do a rollback of just that file, and
remove that from this patch file list would be great.

2. Controlled email, sometimes Iam in the process of emailing via quilt
mail, but it would be nice if it asks for a confirmation before sending.

- Reason is once I do quilt mail, there is no way to abort the mail.

3. Is there a way to send directly from whats in a constructed mbox?

- I would like to do quilt mail --mbox <mbox_name>

Once I verify its just as I like it, is there a way to push what ever is
there just like
--send option, but from the mbox file?

4. Can we add some delay between mails being sent? This would make sure
it gives time to receive them in order. Often I see mails sent later
arrive earlier, if we can pause about some configurable time it would
help order of reception.

5. If I split the patches in different directories, how do I put the
names in the series file?

Should I say

#quilt new dir/xx.patch

If so, can quilt create the dir if it doenst exist?

Cheers,
ashok raj
- Open Source Technology Center