Re: [Quilt-dev] Term::ReadKey in test/run

From: John Vandenberg
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Term::ReadKey in test/run
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 23:35:53 +1000

On 9/6/05, Andreas Gruenbacher <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 September 2005 13:51, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > > Maybe there is another Perl module that's generally available.
> >
> > I searched for such a module but couldn't find one. The only alternative
> > seems to be direct ioctl (as seen in perlfaq8) but I don't think we
> > want to go that way.
>
> We'd have to find out what happens on non-Linux platforms, but it should be
> manageable.

Im 100% sure whether this is the correct way to answer that, but MSYS
perl 5.6.1 does not appear to provide a sys/ioctl.ph.  In fact, there
is no 'sys' directory, or any files matching *.ph.

Also, there does not appear to be a MSYS C header by that name, so a
perl wrapper may be a long time coming.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mingw/runtime/include/sys/

--
John