Re: [Quilt-dev] Term::ReadKey in test/run

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Term::ReadKey in test/run
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 19:28:39 +0200

Hi Andreas, John,

> > test-example1.diff
>
> Patch has a change to test/run:
>
> +      $line =~ s/(sed .*)\\t/\1\t/g;  # convert \t to tab
>
> Can we please fix this in the test cases instead, by either using
> $'\t' or  literal tab characters?

I took a look at this case and found that these sed commands are no more
needed. They seem to predate the possibility to omit timestamps in
patches. Now that --no-timestamps is used in the test suite, we should
be able to remove these sed commands completely. As a matter of fact,
the test suite passes just fine without them. I have a patch ready to
commit if there are no objections.

> test/example1.test:
>
> -     $ sed -e "4aFetch me that flower; the herb I shew'd thee once:"
>       Oberon.txt >  Oberon.new
> +     $ awk '{print $0;if(FNR==4)print "'"Fetch me that flower; the
>       herb I shew'd  thee once:"'"}' Oberon.txt > Oberon.new
>
> Do these work?
>    sed -e '1,3d'
>    sed -ne '1,3p'

They do for me.

> If so; I'd prefer this:
>
>    sed -ne '1,3p' Oberon.txt > Oberon.new
>    echo "Fetch me that flower; the herb I shew'd thee once:" >> Oberon.new
>    sed -e '1,3d' Oberon.txt >> Oberon.new

Fine with me, except that this would be "1,4", not "1,3".

Thanks,