Re: [Quilt-dev] test suite improvements

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] test suite improvements
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:11:51 +0100

http://zeroj.hda0.net/quilt-0.43-patches-v3/make-check.diff

A really good idea.

Some comments:

 - I'd prefer something like test/.$test.ok (dot files).
 - Can we have a check-all target that runs all tests?
 - Can we keep the general dependencies of each test in
   Makefile.in instead of moving them to test/.depend, e.g.,

        $(wildcard test/*.test) :: bin/quilt quilt/scripts/patchfns

   There are other dependencies between specific commands and scripts,
   but maybe we should define them explicitly in Makefile.in?
 - You strip off test/*.test from TESTS and then always glue it on
   again?
 - `echo $$test | sed -e 's/\.test/\.ok/'` => we already have this,
   it should do:

        test/%.ok :: test/%.test

 - Why can't we include test/.depend whenever it's there?
 - Instead of patsubst we can use $(<:test/%=%) etc.

I have committed the test suite fixes.

Thanks,
Andreas