Re: [Quilt-dev] test suite improvements

From: John Vandenberg
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] test suite improvements
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:15:43 +1100

On 1/17/06, Andreas Gruenbacher <address@hidden> wrote:
> http://zeroj.hda0.net/quilt-0.43-patches-v3/find_patch_noset.diff
> Removes what appears to be an unnecessary set in find_patch
>
> This detects whitespace in patchnames so that quilt doesn't try things it
> can't handle, like "quilt push 'with spaces.diff'".

thanks for the explanation.  I've been wondering what to do about
patch names with spaces, as it will become more of an issue when OS X
and/or Windows users are involved, esp. if they are given a GUI.  So,
spaces are out, entirely; not going there?

If so, I'll extend the patch params series to cater for this. i.e. the
first error message should turn up in the new command, but presently
it breaks silently:

$ quilt new 'blah blah.diff'
Patch blah is now on top

--