Re: [Quilt-dev] Tru64 and OSX patches

From: John Vandenberg
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Tru64 and OSX patches
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 11:08:45 +1100

On 31/01/06, Andreas Gruenbacher <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Monday 30 January 2006 13:46, John Vandenberg wrote:

> > > http://zeroj.hda0.net/quilt-20060130/tru64-backup-files.diff
> > >   Fixed slightly differently. (Btw, more recent Try64 isn't as crappy
> > >   anymore according to Google.)
> >
> > Was there a problem with mine?
>
> It was a little complicated at a place where it's not important to be
> blazingly fast, and it kept the buffer size at PATH_MAX + 1, which was only
> needed to catch snprintf overflows, that's all.

Your changes to backup-files work well on Windows.  I have run more
tests on Win32 using GnuWin32 patch and diff, and tests one, two and
example1 (and ) all pass with only a few of the old changes that I
have dragged into 2006, kicking and screaming and not cleaned up.

http://zeroj.hda0.net/quilt-msys/series.php

> > > http://zeroj.hda0.net/quilt-20060130/getopt-spaces.diff
> > >   Yuck! See below.
> >
> > It's perl.
>
> Not an excuse ;)
>
> Okay, let's try both then. Will the following work for you?
>
> -       opt_sender="${LOGNAME:-$(whoami)address@hidden(hostname -f
> 2>/dev/null)"
> +       hostname=$(hostname -f 2>/dev/null)
> +       if [ "$hostname" = "${hostname/.}" ]
> +       then
> +               hostname=$(hostname)
> +       fi
> +       opt_sender="${LOGNAME:-$(whoami)address@hidden"

yes.

> > Is there a .quiltrc setting for this ?
>
> QUILT_MAIL_ARGS="--sender=...", as with any other command

thanks.

> getopts doesn't support long options.

ok.  The latest testing version of util-linux doesnt compile on any
other platform at the moment, so I'll fix up the perl script in a day
or two.

--
John