Re: [Quilt-dev] [patch 0/8] test/run: Cleanups and optimizations

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] [patch 0/8] test/run: Cleanups and optimizations
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 11:21:46 +0100

Hello,

On Sun, Feb 02, 2014 at 11:42:45PM +0100, Andreas Grünbacher wrote:
> Jean,
>
> just a heads up, I wrote a utility called exxe which could eventually
> replace the run script if a few more features are added. It's written in C,
> and relatively simple and fast. Maybe we want to switch to that at some
> point.

I would see the use of a C program to test quilt as a regression,
personnally. We need quilt to be interpreted and not compiled in
Debian, or it becomes really difficult for us to use it as we
currently do.

What are the new features that could benefit to quilt? The ability to
run remotely is not really related to our concern, is it?

Bye, Mt.

--
Combien il est doux d'obéir, lorsque nous pouvons réaliser le bonheur,
d'être convenablement déchargés, par de sages et dignes guides, de la