Re: [RP] Bad Window

From: Sven Hartrumpf
Subject: Re: [RP] Bad Window
Date: Tue Feb 12 04:51:07 2002

[1]: (I wrote earlier:)
> > > I sometimes get an inifinite loop with "Bad Window" messages
> > > from 1.0.1cvs which makes the window manager process unusable.
> > > How can I avoid this?
> > > Or how can I track this error down (any specific compile or
> > > runtime option for this?)?

[2]:
> > > When is the "frames" command (similar to the "windows") command
> > > scheduled?
> >
> > You might be referring to this, but if you're not, there was a patch
> > from Mike Meyer which included this command and other frame related
> > stuff, which Shawn was looking at integrating. I'm not sure what it's
> > current status is though - Shawn?
>
> Far from getting in.

That's no problem for me.

> I hope to make a beta or something release Real Soon Now. Then wait
> for any bug reports and then make a 1.1.0 release.

For me as a normal user, the problem listed as [1] is severe.
(As additional information, I can add that I use lots of focusup/down/...
commands by way of ratpoison -c ... commands)
I tried --enable-debugging (it's also called --enable-debug in other
files; little confusing), but the next infinite loop I hit some
days later left me as clueless as before.