Re: [RP] Placing and sizing of dialog boxes

From: Eduard Werner
Subject: Re: [RP] Placing and sizing of dialog boxes
Date: Mon Feb 11 09:44:10 2002

From: Eduard Werner <address@hidden>
Subject: [RP] Placing and sizing of dialog boxes
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 17:11:37 +0100 (CET)

> I have encountered  a problem with Colin Adams's Chu Shogi program
> (www.colina.demon.uk) which is written in Java. When I open a dialog
> box (e.g. to save a game) this dialog box gets so big that it becomes
> useless (all the interesting parts of it are off the screen).
> Any suggestions? I know a bit how to program but I've never done any
> X11 programming.

I guess Chu is not really opening a dialog box but a new window which
gets maximized but still drawn at an offset which makes parts of it
disappear. BTW, what happens if a program tries to open a second window?
With emacs (I'm using 21.1.) this is not possible: I can do C-x 5 2
but when I then try C-x 5 0 it says "attempt to delete minibuffer or
sole ordinary window". There seems to be something missing here (or it's
simply me missing sth :-(

Any help appreciated

Edi