Re: [RP] Pretty fonts

From: Jason Creighton
Subject: Re: [RP] Pretty fonts
Date: Fri Apr 25 12:50:13 2003

Okay, I'm running Slackware 8.1. The patch applys cleanly to beta4. You have
to do a:

aclocal && autoheader && automake -a -c && autoconf

to regenerate the ./configure script and all that weird
autoconf/automake/whatever stuff. Then the ./configure failed. It turns out
that Slackware doesn't have a 'xft.pc' for 'pkg-config' to read, so I made one
and dropped it into /usr/bin/pkgconfig

prefix=/usr/X11R6
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: Xft
Version: 1.1
Requires:
Libs: -L${libdir} -lXft
Cflags: -I${includedir}/Xft

Warning: I don't know what I'm doing here, I just looked at the pkg-config
manpage and took the libxml.pc file and modified it as required. Hint: "locate
-i xft" to find all the Xft files laying around to figure out what to set the
prefix to. This file probably won't work with other distros.

Then it compiled and works fine. But I like "7x13Bold" better, so I switched
back to normal ratpoison.

Jason Creighton