RE: [RP] sleep

From: Casey Allen Shobe
Subject: RE: [RP] sleep
Date: Fri Apr 25 16:22:09 2003

> I agree sleep() would probably be useful, but surely it would be
> better to just execute the stuff synchronously somehow?  So the RP
> stops until the other program has finished loading.  I think there's
> some stuff about a Sync message in Xlib spec somewhere (mighta been
> ICCCM), but I'm too stupid to understand || remember it.

Well what about having a mode that you can switch into that makes rp execute
commands sequentially (so that command two won't start until command one
finishes and won't accept input until that point - this mode would be
appropriate for when the ratpoisonrc file was read, but not for regular rp
human-usage...

- Casey