Re: [RP] pull throw unified fwselect?

From: Jonathan Walther
Subject: Re: [RP] pull throw unified fwselect?
Date: Wed Jun 11 19:19:05 2003

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 04:54:17PM -0700, John Meacham wrote:
sometimes I feel that I am the only person using many monitors, but
what would be good for future development is getting rid of the
next_screen, prev_screen stuff and treating screens EXACTLY like
permament frames for most-all UI stuff. I think this would signifigantly
simplify the mental state needed to work with ratpoison as well as the
code since any new interactive frame improvements could be applied to
screens. obviously, there would be some quirks, since windows cannot be
pulled between screens (unless you use XINERAMA, but that breaks other
things) but those special cases can just be signaled as errors. I think
this is the right long-term strategy to take with reguards to
multi-monitor support.

That sounds right to me.  Shawn, what are your thoughts?

Jonathan

--

It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

                    Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   address@hidden
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2