Re: [RP] better rpws

From: twb
Subject: Re: [RP] better rpws
Date: Wed Jun 25 23:27:16 2003

Quoth Shawn on or about Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:33:52 -0700:
>  The only issue I have with your patch is that you make 0 the default
>  workspace, but on keyboards 0 is over where 10 would be if you kept
>  counting along the keys. So 0 is more of a workspace 10 labelled as
>  zero.

My reason for starting at zero was: habit (and simplicity).  It's good
enough for me, but starting at one and making M-0 do ws10 would be
better.  It just occured to me that my script probably doesn't work
with >9 w'spaces, because there's no 10,11,... keys anyway.  Oh well.

On th' subject of workspaces, two things:

winlist doesn't show windows from other groups.  Make this an option?

    Also, given that we've got set/getenv now, maybe we should move
    from `defwinfmt` et al to `setenv winfmt`, which is more generic?

Other thing: Given fdump's groovy format, it should be easy to make a
group (workspace) drawer using xlib's FillRect.  If I have time I'll
look into it this week.  OK, it's not that useful, but it's neat.
-trent