Re: [RP] Re: better rpws

From: Joshua Neuheisel
Subject: Re: [RP] Re: better rpws
Date: Thu Jun 26 04:42:09 2003

>From: "Michael Scottaline"
>Isn't counting from 0 typically *nix fashion??

Counting from 0 is a 'C' thing.  It just happens that unices tend to use a
lot of C code.  If we used more code written in Fortran or Matlab (or
octave), we would be counting from 1.  If we wrote everything in Perl, we
could start counting from whatever we felt like that day...  The keyboard
placement suggests 0 represents 10, but this is the whole
is-the-ace-high-or-low problem.  In the end, it's arbitrary.

Joshua