Re: [RP] banishing and keypress?

From: Joshua Neuheisel
Subject: Re: [RP] banishing and keypress?
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 08:27:03 -0400

Florian Cramer wrote:
Am Montag, 15. August 2005 um 07:58:39 Uhr (-0400) schrieb Joshua Neuheisel:
I don't see why we couldn't add a command to RP to hide the pointer and disregard all mouse input.

Isn't this X server and not window manager stuff? Seems to me that one
should write an external program or hack xset to accomplish this.

The short answer is yes: we could have an external program that sends the mouse into never-never land, and grabs all its input and discards it. I haven't done it yet, but it seems at least plausible...

The long answer is no: it is the window manager's job to arbitrate mouse and pointer usage. In the end, it's a philosophical point. RP history seems to be on the side of using an external program, though.

Joshua