Re: [RP] banishing and keypress?

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [RP] banishing and keypress?
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:15:54 -0500

   The long answer is no: it is the window manager's job to arbitrate mouse
   and pointer usage.  In the end, it's a philosophical point.  RP history
   seems to be on the side of using an external program, though.

If think Trent's suggestion did meet my stated spec, but I'd probably
prefer something that could recall the mouse on those rare occasions
when I (or a guest) might like to use it.  If there is a way to get
X11 to reread XF86Config-4 OTF, I could just write a script to adjust
the values there & reload.

I like "unclutter" because you kill the unclutter process & the mouse
becomes visible again.  If unclutter could be modified to both
immobilize the mouse and make it invisible, that would be just about
perfect.

Joe