[RP] banishing and keypress?

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: [RP] banishing and keypress?
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:00:26 -0500

I was thinking I would like to banish the mouse at every input,
going beyond what it says in the info page:

,----
| For example, if you want to warp
| the rat to corner of the screen every time you press a top level bound
| key, you could add this to you .ratpoisonrc file:
|
|      addhook key banish
|
|    That should keep the rat out of your way.
|
|  -- Command: addhook HOOK COMMAND
|      Add a COMMAND to HOOK. When the hook is run, COMMAND will be
|      executed.
|
|      The following hooks are available:
|
|     key
|           Run when a top level key is pressed (by default the only top
|           level key is the prefix key).
`----

To do this, I think I would want to have _every_ key that sends input
to the underlying program be in the "top" keymap; compare the
`self-insert-command' function from Emacs.  Perhaps keypress should be
added to RP as a `self-insert-command' analogue (see email from Martin
circa April of this year).

(But for the immediate purposes of this question, is there a way to
perma-banish the mouse without running banish all the time?  I am
already using "unclutter", but the mouse can still be annoying when it
drifts across the screen invisibly, causing mouse-over events to
happen in the windows below.)

Joe