Re: [RP] Greetings

From: Florian Cramer
Subject: Re: [RP] Greetings
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 00:21:02 +0200

Am Freitag, 26. August 2005 um 11:18:42 Uhr (-0700) schrieb TBlittlefoot:
> Wish I knew C, I'd help out, but I'm just a shell programmer.

You can manipulate almost any behavior of ratpoison, and implement any
new function, using "ratpoison -c" calls in your shell scripts. This is
actually good practice [see the many scripts in the "contrib" folder of
the ratpoison distribution and on the ratpoison wiki] since it keeps
bloat away from the ratpoison codebase.

One could say that ratpoison is a "window manager kernel" that can be
arbitrarily extended through an external script userland. Which is, if I
understand things correctly, why S. Betts has got into LISP programming
and created StumpWM eventually.

-F

--
http://cramer.netzliteratur.net