Re: [RP] load frames and xterms on startup

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [RP] load frames and xterms on startup
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 10:30:46 +1100

    Christian> However, I cannot figure out how to load apps into my frames on
startup. For example,
    Christian> on workspace 1 I have a small frame on the bottom where I tail
-f /var/log/messages, in
    Christian> the next one I have a small xosview and so on. For now I always
cycle through my frames and
    Christian> start everything by typing the cmds into my xterm. But I am sure
there is an easier way..

    Christian> How do you load your apps on startup?

I have had a similar problem.

On startup, many of my applications require a password, and I don't
like storing passwords on my laptop...

e.g. ssh private key password, jabber client, imap client, remote ssh
sessions.

The issue I have when starting up, is that I am just entering my
password when the next application in sequence loads and steals the
focus while I am typing in my password in the first application.

Any ideas?
--
Brian May <address@hidden>