Re: [RP] load frames and xterms on startup

From: Kipling Inscore
Subject: Re: [RP] load frames and xterms on startup
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 18:01:43 -0700

Re: Brian and password focus-stealing
one idea is to use the rudeness setting ('rudeness 0' to prevent
anything stealing focus). If you only have to enter passwords while
programs are starting, you can use xtoolwait or xrunclient to return
rudeness to your default (if you haven't set it, it's 15). You could
also use key bindings or ratpoison aliases to quickly switch rudeness
to 0 and back.

in .ratpoisonrc
rudeness 0
exec .not_xinitrc

in .not_xinitrc:
xtoolwait xterm -e ssh address@hidden
xtoolwait jabber
ratpoison -c 'rudeness 15'

Another possibility might be to use a keychain program which will ask
you once for a master password to allow decripting of your other
passwords (stored but unreadable), then launch your startup programs,
which will get passwords from the keychain.