Re: [RP] Re: Modeline

From: J.R. Mauro
Subject: Re: [RP] Re: Modeline
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 19:32:29 -0500

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Ross Patterson <address@hidden> wrote:
> "J.R. Mauro" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Does anyone have any patches to implement a modeline in RP? Or a
>> really light standalone task-bar type application?
>
> Not sure if it's what you're asking, but I use stalonetray.  See the

Hrm... ratpoison wrangles this up like any other window, and it's more
of just a sys tray. I'm looking for something that will not be
wrangled by RP and will display such things as clock, open windows,
and notifications. (like, "Hey, you! Someone said something in
irssi!")

Basically, the analog of screen's modeline. I would run give Stump a
whirl but it an it's deps are masked in Gentoo and I'm far more of a C
guy than a Lisper. I'd try doing this myself, but I know nothing of
Xlib and have little time. I may end up doing it myself, but I figured
I should check first.