Re: [RP] Re: Modeline

From: kenny . billiau
Subject: Re: [RP] Re: Modeline
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 10:41:06 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008, Trent W. Buck wrote:

"J.R. Mauro" <address@hidden> writes:

Does anyone have any patches to implement a modeline in RP? Or a
really light standalone task-bar type application?

There is dzen2 or fspanel.  You probably want to use :unmanage so that
RP doesn't manage the panel, and :defborder so that RP doesn't draw
other windows over the top).

   http://gotmor.googlepages.com/dzen
   http://www.chatjunkies.org/fspanel/

Hi,

I'm using dzen2 for this purpose:

http://www.psb.ugent.be/~kebil/dot/

The dzen.left and dzen.right files will give you a 14 pixel high bar on top of your screen displaying: workspaces, current focussed windows name, up/down speed, battery life, cpu temp and volume.
I've modified rpws a bit more to give the workspaces friendly names.

There's a simple binding in my ratpoisonrc to show/hide the bar.

I didn't write above dzen scripts, I just modified them for my own needs. I don't seem to find the URL with the original code back.

-Kenny