Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Newbie question: Restore target already exists

From: Sherrard Burton
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Newbie question: Restore target already exists
Date: 03 Mar 2003 15:49:47 -0500

Well those restore options are the result of another closely-related
issue. Sometimes we end up having to restore multiple sets of files down
a given path. For example, maybe we want to restore files from
/u/jdoe/Maildir/new/, /u/jdoe/Documents/ and /u/tsmith/Maildir/cur/, but
in multiple phases. Instead of restoring everything to/tmp/restore, we
would like to restore the original tree as much as possible. That way
you don't have to move jdoe's mail files before you restore tsmith's
mail files. It also means that you don't have to pick through
/tmp/restore to and separate jdoe's documents from his mail files and
tsmith's mail files.

In a nutshell, we don't want to have to do restore, move, restore,
move...