Re: [rdiff-backup-users] librsync [Patially Solved ??]

From: Daniel Crespo
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] librsync [Patially Solved ??]
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:51:08 -0000

I managed to compile rdiff-backup also for cygwin in a windows 98. However,
I got a problem. Python usually hangs (windows says that it performed a
forbidden operation) "but continues". This is related with some problem with
fork() in the cygwin dll´s, supossedly solved by the rebase and rebaseall
utilities. These are found in the system package of cygwin, but the
documentation inside is quite frightening; /usr/doc/Cygwin/rebase-2.2.README
says:

Note it is *strongly* recommended that users only use rebaseall unless they
*really* know what they are doing or are instructed by one of the Cygwin
developers.

Thus I ran rebaseall with the default values, but the problem remains. Even
though, rdiff-backup works fine provided you ignore all the errors reported
by windows. Does anyone know the adequate values for rebase/rebaseall for
avoiding this malfunctioning?

Regards,

Daniel