Re: [librsync-users] Re: [rdiff-backup-users] librsync [Patially Solved

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [librsync-users] Re: [rdiff-backup-users] librsync [Patially Solved ??]
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 21:39:23 -0800

  >> 0.9.5.1 is something I released independently of the librsync
  >> project.  It is not an official version.

  DB> Any hints as to what was in this version that might not be in
  DB> librsync cvs?

Nothing that isn't in cvs now I think.  But I did configure it to
build shared a library by default.  (Which was unnecessary.)

  DB> As a matter of interest, why are you using librsync as a shared
  DB> library for rdiff-backup? I found it less hassle with pysync to
  DB> statically link librsync into the python extension module.

Yes, apparently it is a hassle now to build a shared librsync library.
But I just tested it on my machine and it seems that rdiff-backup's
normal distutil routine will use librsync's static library if the
dynamic one isn't present.  So I'm not sure if/why not having librsync
as a shared library would make installing rdiff-backup harder.

--
Ben Escoto