[rdiff-backup-users] Use of --remove-older-than

From: Troels Arvin
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Use of --remove-older-than
Date: 07 Mar 2003 12:41:46 +0100

Hello,

Today, I used "--remove-older-than" for the first time. It responded
with this:

address@hidden backup]# rdiff-backup --remove-older-than 1M /backup/host
Fatal Error: Found 53 relevant increments, dated:
Sat Dec 14 05:06:01 2002
Mon Dec 16 05:00:58 2002
Tue Dec 17 05:03:27 2002
Wed Dec 18 05:06:52 2002
Thu Dec 19 05:07:08 2002
Fri Dec 20 05:04:09 2002
Sat Dec 21 05:10:45 2002
Sun Dec 22 05:02:08 2002
Mon Dec 23 05:01:25 2002
Tue Dec 24 05:03:50 2002
Wed Dec 25 04:59:28 2002
Thu Dec 26 05:01:50 2002
[...]
Tue Feb  4 05:02:02 2003
Wed Feb  5 04:59:39 2003
If you want to delete multiple increments in this way, use the --force.

Is this normal?
If yes, then I guess that the "--force" flag is most often needed if
clean-ups are not run after each backup?

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark

Distributed computing which makes sense: address@hidden
Help out at http://folding.stanford.edu/ - join team #13579