Re: [rdiff-backup-users] IOError: [Errno 35] Resource deadlock avoided

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] IOError: [Errno 35] Resource deadlock avoided
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:52:27 -0800

  DK> Thanks Ben, I am as always impressed at the speed and usefulness
  DK> of your responses.  Do you think its best then that i just
  DK> upgrade to 11.4?  Or do you think its not a good idea to include
  DK> this option by default?  perhaps yet another switch? :-/

You can upgrade to 0.11.4 if you want, but for any recent version the
fix seems to be adding that 'EDEADLOCK' string as shown in the patch.
It's now in cvs, so the next version will have that by default.

I haven't found any documentation on what all the possible errors
errors really mean and when they are likely to occur, so I've just
considered most OS errors fatal, and then have added exceptions to the
list as people request them.  Most of them have been to accommodate
samba, win nt, or other situations I'm not familiar with.

--
Ben Escoto