Re: [rdiff-backup-users] failure backing up to windows partition

From: Keith Edmunds
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] failure backing up to windows partition
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:16:01 +0000

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:07:02 -0800
Ben Escoto <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is this because the Win2K file system does not support ownership
> information?  Is the solution to not chown any files?

It is because I have the Win2K partition mounted on Linux, and you
cannot change the ownership on an smb-mounted partition. There is
actually an option (see smbmount) to determine the ownership of _all_
files on the mounted partition.

Do you store file ownership info in the metadata? If so, perhaps the
chown command could fail non-fatally?

Keith