RE: [rdiff-backup-users] failure backing up to windows partition

From: Törrönen, Paul-Erik
Subject: RE: [rdiff-backup-users] failure backing up to windows partition
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:15:18 +0200

What about having an option in rdiff-backup which defines
which user.group the files should be saved as, independed
from the --windows-mode. This would tackle the 'mounted-as'-
problem, not only the ntfs-partition (is this really safe yet?)
but any where the ownership is not truly supported (smbfs,
vfat, etc...).

Just my 0.02 cents,
Poltsi

Paul-Erik Törrönen
Cardinal Information Systems Ltd
Pursimiehenkatu 29-31 C, 00150 Helsinki, FINLAND
E-mail: address@hidden
Mobile: +358 (0) 40 703 1231
Phone: +358 (0) 424 162 4204
Fax: +358 (0) 424 162 4207