Re: [rdiff-backup-users] win32 error 126

From: Greg Freemyer
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] win32 error 126
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:17:09 -0500

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 15:25, David Kempe wrote:
> [...]
Dave,

IANAL,

I believe that question is heavily addressed on the GPL faq, and is
worth your time to lookup and verify what I am saying.

--
My understanding is that if you link (staticly or dynamicly) to a
library and the library is GPL, your app must be GPL.

If you invoke an app via the exec command, then your app does NOT need
to be GPL.

FYI: Many libraries are licensed via the LGPL.  I believe the LGPL is
targeted specifically at libraries and allows non-GPL programs to link
to them.  Cygwin has specifically chosen not to use this approach.

librsync uses the LGPL.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer