Re: [rdiff-backup-users] RDIFF-F!CKUP (Very frusttrated)

From: dean gaudet
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] RDIFF-F!CKUP (Very frusttrated)
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 19:45:37 -0700 (PDT)

hmm that doesn't sound like a questionable config at all...

maybe you could try gdb... especially if you can set up a
local-fs-to-local-fs backup which causes the problem.  then try this:

% gdb python
(gdb) run /usr/bin/rdiff-backup [rdiff-backup args here]

assuming the segfault still occurs you should get a (gdb) prompt again and
then type "where" ... and let us know what is spewed by "where".

there's a really good chance this won't tell us anything because debugging
symbols won't be available...

if that's the case then the only next option is to go into the
rdiff-backup code and start inserting print/log statements everywhere
trying to narrow down the exact line the problem occurs on (or maybe a
python wizard knows of a trick which will give us a python trace on
SIGSEGV).

-dean