Re: [rdiff-backup-users] TypeError: unsubscriptable object (cfile['creat

From: Ben Escoto
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:50:54 -0500

> I just learned about and installed rdiff-backup yesterday.  I tried to
> run the command:
>    Mac OS X style resource forks                On
>    Mac OS X Finder information                  On
>      finderinfo.Creator = cfile['creator']
> TypeError: unsubscriptable object

I assume you are running Mac OS X?  It seems to be a problem with the
error-checking in the carbonfile code, but I'm not 100% sure since I
don't have any experience with that OS.

To whoever (John Goerzen?) wrote the get_carbonfile() function:  maybe
it shouldn't catch the MacOS.error exception?  It seems like it
catches it, and returns a bad cfile which write_carbonfile chokes on.

--
Ben Escoto