Re: [rdiff-backup-users] TypeError: unsubscriptable object (cfile['creat

From: Kevin Horton
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 23:16:18 -0400

On 14 Oct 2005, at 22:50, Ben Escoto wrote:

Ryan Tarpine <address@hidden>
wrote the following on Sun, 02 Oct 2005 11:19:36 -0400

I just learned about and installed rdiff-backup yesterday. I tried to
run the command:

   Mac OS X style resource forks                On
   Mac OS X Finder information                  On

     finderinfo.Creator = cfile['creator']
TypeError: unsubscriptable object

I assume you are running Mac OS X?  It seems to be a problem with the
error-checking in the carbonfile code, but I'm not 100% sure since I
don't have any experience with that OS.

It seems that with OS X 10.4 you need to use two switches:

--no-carbonfile --override-chars-to-quote ''

The second switch ends with two single quote characters. It might only be necessary if you are backing up to and from the native HFS+ file system.

Kevin Horton
Ottawa, Canada