Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Failed regression: missing snapshot

From: Dan McGuirk
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Failed regression: missing snapshot
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 18:31:40 -0700

Also, I forgot to mention: it was about 8 hours between when the
backup finished and when I (uncleanly) powered off the drive.  There
were messages in the syslog from the time I turned it off about failed
journal commits and so on.  I'm not sure why the journal wouldn't have
been committed already after that amount of time.

I wonder if the main problem was that the old 'current_mirror' file
didn't show up as deleted.  I think the rest of the structure was
probably intact.  Maybe I should have tried deleting that instead.