[rdiff-backup-users] Version difference problem

From: feffer
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Version difference problem
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:07:41 -0400

> Some restructuring was done to improve how file metadata is obtained in the
> new native Windows port.

That's nice, how about linux?

Just to finalize this, for now I've gone back to debian testing vers 1.1.16
which works fine with debian stable ver 1.1.14. From earlier in the thread you
said:
> At any rate, a new stable branch, 1.2.0 will be released in a few days so
> that it will be in time for the freeze for Debian's next stable
> distribution. I am trying to accommodate them.

I'm not sure what that means to me. Does it mean that rdiff-backup will be
upgraded from ver 1.1.14 in the current debian repos? Or does it mean when the
next dist-upgrade of debian stable happens it will be upgraded? As you probably
know, software is upgraded slowly in debian stable, but dist-upgrades happen
only a year or two later (at least that was the gap in the last one). Not
trying to be picky, but I really LIKE rdiff and rely on it, and I have no way
around the stable-sid dilemma.    [Wink]

thx,
feffer