[rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup ImportError

From: A. S. Budden
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup ImportError
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 18:27:08 +0000

Dear all,

I have just tried to compile rdiff-backup from source, but although
there were no problems with the build and install, as soon as I tried
to run it, I get the error below, which seems to relate to the C.so
file that is part of the installation.  In case it's relevant, I have
noticed that there are to '.so' files, C.so and _librsync.so.  The
latter has an accompanying python file (librsync.py), but there
doesn't seem to be an equivalent 'C.py'.  Am I missing something
really obvious?

Many thanks in advance,

Al

Error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/rdiff-backup", line 20, in <module>
    import rdiff_backup.Main
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Main.py", line
24, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/rdiff_backup/log.py", line
22, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/rdiff_backup/rpath.py", line
39, in <module>
ImportError: No module named C