Re: [rdiff-backup-users] No space left errors

From: Bob Mead
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] No space left errors
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 11:00:57 -0800

At some point recently, the destination server did fill up, which generated a lot of 'no space left on device' errors in my rdiff-backup backup.logs. I have since cleared out ~260GB of space on the destination server, and yet when I try to backup the 27GB from the v1.04 server, I am still getting a "no space left" error.

The temp space is probably full. See the FAQ for some discussion:

Thank you Andrew:

/tmp has ~330MB free [and is using 3% of /tmp's available space] and this backup session *has* worked sucessfully before. I did research the particular file my original message referenced, it is not on the origin server and is not in the backup directory on the destination (mirror) - something about the regression sequence perhaps? I also tried to run a different rdiff session (see traceback below) which also generated a no space error (and also is trying to regress). Is there an explicit way to see where python is looking for temp space in my specific installation(s)?
Thanks,
   ~bob